There are no products in your cart. Perhaps the item you chose is sold out.
Food is sexy. Whole foods, healthy foods, foods with unique flavors and textures are particularly sexy. Small plates, little decadent deserts, and sliced fruit are really sexy. Cooking together can be foreplay. Couples that share time in the kitchen (clothed, unclothed, somewhere in between) often build stronger intimate bonds.
Food is sexy. Whole foods, healthy foods, foods with unique flavors and textures are particularly sexy. Small plates, little decadent deserts, and sliced fruit are really sexy. Cooking together can be foreplay. Couples that share time in the kitchen (clothed, unclothed, somewhere in between) often build stronger intimate bonds. Cooking together can be like a dance; each partner maneuvering independently, but moving together to create something beautiful.
Who doesn’t love a romantic, home cooked dinner featuring some foods that can actually increase your libido? If you’ve never cooked together, then one partner should do a little planning. Organize ingredients ahead of time. Plan a meal that uses whole foods that can be nibbled as you prepare the meal together. Wear something comfy and a little sexy. And put away distractions like cell phones and the family dog. This is your time together. It doesn’t have to culminate with sex, but we won’t complain if the kitchen table gets a little sweaty!
According to Jennifer R Berman MD, the director the Berman’s Women’s Wellness Center in Beverly Hills California, “there is a growing body of evidence that some of the vitamins and components in food can enhance sexual function and sexual experience”.
Here is a list of some foods that can help put the sizzle into your sex life.
- Avocados- Avocados are rich in unsaturated fat and low in saturated fat, making them good for your heart and arteries. As the heart beats stronger it increases blood flow to all the right places. Men with underlying heart disease are twice as likely to suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Almonds- Almonds have been reported to increase passion and to aid in infertility. Almonds are nutrient rich and contain several trace minerals such as zinc, selenium and vitamin C. Zinc has been known to increase and enhance libido.
- Strawberries- Strawberries are an excellent source of folic acid. Folic acid has been shown to decrease birth defects in pregnant women. Strawberries are red. A 2008 study found that men are more attracted to women if they are wearing red as compared to any other color.
- Oysters- Oysters are rich in zinc. This serves to boost libido.
- Arugula- Arugula contains trace minerals and antioxidants. This is important for sexual wellness because they block the absorption of some environmental contaminants thought to decrease libido
- Figs- Packed with soluble and non-soluble fiber, figs are a heart healthy food choice. Due to this increase in fiber, figs fill you up making it easier to achieve that flat stomach that we all desire!
- Citrus Fruits- Rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, and folic acid –all vital to men’s reproductive health.
- Sweet Potatoes- Rich in potassium. This helps to combat hypertension which is associated with erectile dysfunction
- Watermelon -contains lycopene and beta carotene. These nutrients help to relax blood vessels and increase libido
- Broccoli- Rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C aids in blood circulation to various organs throughout the body. Broccoli has been associated with increased female libido
- Cloves- Cloves have been used for centuries in India to treat male sexual dysfunction
A healthy life style from both the foods you eat and the exercise you do can make you look and feel better. It is likely to improve your sex life. Eat healthier and cook together whenever time permits. Who knows, maybe you’ll find you have more time than you actually thought. Happy Cooking and Get Your Groove On.